French Onion Soup w/some pics this is the favored recipe ever, So easy to prepare and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and Finally I learned to cook this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and yummy!
Hey everyone, I hope you're having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, french onion soup w/some pics. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I'm gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
French Onion Soup w/some pics is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It's enjoyed by millions every day. They are nice and they look wonderful. French Onion Soup w/some pics is something that I've loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have french onion soup w/some pics using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make French Onion Soup w/some pics:
- Make ready of The Stock.
- Prepare 4 lb of lbs. cracked beef bones/soup bones w/o meat.
- Take 2 of onions, halved.
- Take 2 of scrubbed quartered carrots.
- Make ready 2 of celery stalks.
- Get of bouquet garni:0.25 tsp. thyme, 1 bay leaf, 6 parsley sprigs, 2 unpeeled garlic cloves, 2 whole cloves.
- Take 10 cups of water.
- Take of For the Onions and Soup.
- Make ready 2 lbs of or about 5 cups of thinly sliced yellow onion.
- Make ready 3 Tbsp of Tbs butter+1 Tbs Oil.
- Take 1 tsp of salt.
- Make ready 1 of ⁄4 tsp sugar (helps the onions to brown).
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of flour.
- Take 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- Take of The strained Stock.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- Take 2 Tbsp of tbs Cognac, brings the flavors together.
- Prepare 4 of rounds of hard-toasted french bread.
- Make ready of Grated good grated or sliced Swiss or Gruyère Cheese to cover.
- Take of Cook and assemble.
Steps to make French Onion Soup w/some pics:
- Heat oven to 450F. Arrange the meat, bones, onions, and carrots in a cast iron pan. Place in the middle portion of the oven and roast for 30-40 minutes, turning occasionally until nicely browned..
- Remove from the oven and drain the fat out of the roasting pan. Transfer into an 8 or 10-quart soup kettle. Pour a cup or two of the water into the pan, set over heat (or back in the still-hot oven). Scrape up all the brown bits at the bottom. Pour all that into the kettle..
- Tie the Bousquet garni in a coffee filter or cheese cloth..
- Cover ingredients with 10 cups of water. Bring to a simmer, skim and add the salt, celery, and bouquet garni. Simmer, partially covered, on low for 4 to 5 hours. Strain the stock out of the kettle into a bowl..
- ONIONS, COOKING AND FINAL ASSEMBLY.
- Melt butter, add oil to a large pot. Add sugar and onions, cover, and cook on low for 30 minutes..
- Raise heat and cook, stirring often on medium until golden, around 45 minutes.
- Stir in flour, cook for a minute and add stock and wine. Partially cover and simmer gently for one hour..
- Add Cognac, ladle into oven proof soup bowls, add bread slice and cover with cheese..
- Bake at 400 degrees until lightly brown..
So that's going to wrap this up for this special food french onion soup w/some pics recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I'm confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don't forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
French Onion Soup w/some pics Recipe Video: