French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup this is the best recipe ever, So simple to make and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and Finally I learned to cook this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and very delicious!
Hello everybody, it's Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, french traditional recipe onion soup. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It's simple, it's quick, it tastes yummy. It's enjoyed by millions every day. They're nice and they look fantastic. French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook french traditional recipe onion soup using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup:
- Make ready 6 of large and sweet onions.
- Prepare 30 ml (1 oz) of extra virgin olive oil (2 tablespoons).
- Prepare 60 g (2 oz) of butter.
- Take 1 clove of garlic.
- Make ready 2 (70 oz.) of Liters of meat broth.
- Prepare 12 slices of baguette bread.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of wheat flour.
- Get 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare of Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste).
- Prepare 30 ml (1 oz) of brandy or cognac.
- Prepare 120 g (4 oz) of soft grated cheese (Gruyère type).
Instructions to make French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup:
- In this Onion French Soup we must use sweet onions, we will find them in any market. If another type of onion is used but the flavor will no longer be equally soft and sweet.
- Peel the sweet onions and cut them into julienne (lengthwise and thinly sliced). we put them in a bowl..
- We choose a large casserole, heat the oil in the bottom of the casserole. We add butter, which is the true basis of this French soup..
- When it has melted and mixed with the olive oil, add the onions and finely chopped garlic.
- If we have not used sweet onions, add a spoonful of sugar. Sprinkle the flour in the pan and stir gently to mix well. The effect of the flour with the onion and especially the butter is called Roux, it will help us to bind and thicken the soup..
- Add the brandy and let 2 minutes evaporate to the alcohol..
- We introduce the broth that could be meat, vegetables or chicken. Bring all these ingredients to a boil for 15-20 minutes over a very low heat. Cut the bread into thin slices and toast them lightl.
- Onion French Soup, is a liquid soup but it can be transformed into creamy. It adds a little starch that gives a texture between soup and cream. A recipe worthy of both a first course and a main one in a simple and special dinner for cold nights.
So that's going to wrap it up with this special food french traditional recipe onion soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I'm confident that you can make this at home. There's gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don't forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup Recipe Video: