Pre-Civil War Blackberry Cobbler this is the favored recipe ever, So simple to prepare and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and Finally I learned to make this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and very delicious!
Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I'm gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, pre-civil war blackberry cobbler. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Pre-Civil War Blackberry Cobbler is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. They're nice and they look wonderful. Pre-Civil War Blackberry Cobbler is something which I've loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook pre-civil war blackberry cobbler using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Pre-Civil War Blackberry Cobbler:
- Take 4 cups of fresh blackberries.
- Get 1 of and 1/4 cups sugar.
- Make ready 4 Tbl of cornstarch.
- Get 2 Tbl of blackberry brandy.
- Make ready 1 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Take 1 Tbl of ground cinnamon.
- Make ready of For pastry: 1 cup sugar, 3/4 cup sifted flour, 1/3 cup soft butter.
Steps to make Pre-Civil War Blackberry Cobbler:
- Place blackberries in a medium saucepan and crush with a potato masher. Saucepan is on low heat..
- Once thoroughly crushed, add the sugar and rise the heat to medium. Stir constantly until the mixture is boiling..
- Once boiling, continue to stir constantly for 5 minutes at the same heat. Do not turn it down and do not stop stirring..
- After 5 minutes, remove the saucepan from the heat immediately..
- Stir in the nutmeg and cinnamon..
- In a separate cup or small bowl, mix together the brandy and cornstarch. Ideally, the brandy should be a bit chilled. Mix until it is thick liquid..
- Pour the cornstarch/brandy mixture into the saucepan and mix well..
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, sugar, and butter. Work in the butter by hand. The consistency should be crumbly and there should be no pieces of butter left..
- Pour the saucepan ingredients into a 9-inch casserole or baking dish. Pour the bowl mixture on top and spread evenly over the blackberry mixture..
- Place baking dish in the oven (preheated at 350 degrees) uncovered for 20 minutes..
- When done, the side edges of the dish should be starting to form a light, brown crust..
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food pre-civil war blackberry cobbler recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I'm sure that you will make this at home. There's gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don't forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Pre-Civil War Blackberry Cobbler Recipe Video: