Christmas Cake this is the well liked recipe ever, So simple to make and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and Finally I learned to prepare this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and very delicious!
Hey everyone, it's me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I'm gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, christmas cake. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I'm gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Christmas Cake is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It's easy, it's fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look wonderful. Christmas Cake is something that I've loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have christmas cake using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Christmas Cake:
- Make ready 8 oz of butter.
- Take 8 oz of dark soft brown sugar.
- Get 4 of eggs.
- Get 8 oz of plain flour, sifted.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of allspice.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Make ready 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- Take 2 tablespoons of black treacle.
- Take 1 tablespoon of lemon or orange juice.
- Get 8 oz of seedless raisins.
- Get 12 oz of currants.
- Prepare 8 oz of sultanas.
- Prepare 4 oz of cut mixed peel.
- Get 3 oz of glace cherries, quartered, washed and dried.
- Prepare of grated rind of 1 lemon.
- Take of grated rind of 1 small orange.
- Prepare 6-8 tablespoons of brandy (divided).
Instructions to make Christmas Cake:
- In a large bowl, combine the raisins, currants, sultanas, mixed peel, glace cherries and grated lemon and orange rind. Add 3-4 tablespoons brandy, stir well and leave to soak..
- Preheat the oven to 300 F..
- Grease and line an 8 inch round or 7 inch square deep cake tin with greased greaseproof paper..
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until very light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, folding in a tablespoon of flour after each addition..
- Sift the remaining flour with spices and fold into the creamed mixture, using a large metal spoon. Then stir in the treacle and fruit juice..
- Add the brandy-soaked fruit mix to the cake mixture and stir until evenly blended, then turn into the prepared tin. Smooth the surface, make a small hollow in the center and tie a treble thickness of brown paper around the outside of the tin..
- Bake in the preheated cool oven for about 3.25-3.50 hours or until a warmed fine skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean..
- Leave the cake in the tin overnight to cool completely. Prick the surface all over with a fine skewer, then pour over the remaining 3-4 tablespoons brandy and allow to soak in. Remove the cake from the tin, wrap securely in foil and store in a cool dry place..
So that's going to wrap it up for this exceptional food christmas cake recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I'm confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don't forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Christmas Cake Recipe Video: