Light Fruit Cake this is the best recipe ever, So simple to prepare and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and I can't be the only person forever seeing food on my ripe table. Finally I learned to prepare this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and yummy!
Hello everybody, I hope you're having an amazing day today. Today, I'm gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, light fruit cake. One of my favorites. For mine, I'm gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Light Fruit Cake is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It's easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It's appreciated by millions daily. They're fine and they look wonderful. Light Fruit Cake is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook light fruit cake using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Light Fruit Cake:
- Make ready 3/4 cup (120 grams) of candied mixed peel.
- Make ready 1/2 cup (100 grams) of candied red or green cherries (cut into quarters).
- Prepare 1/3 cup (40 grams) of dark raisins.
- Prepare 2-3 tablespoons of Grand Marnier, rum, brandy, or sherry (optional).
- Make ready 1/2 cup (113 grams) of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- Get 1/2 cup (100 grams) of granulated white sugar.
- Take 3 of large eggs, room temperature.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of pure almond extract.
- Get 1 1/2 cups (195 grams) of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup (50 grams) of ground almonds (almond meal/flour).
- Get 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoons of salt.
- Prepare of Zest of one small lemon (outer skin).
- Prepare 1/4 cup (60 ml) of milk (whole or reduced fat).
- Make ready of Some flaked almonds for decoration.
Steps to make Light Fruit Cake:
- In a large bowl, combine candied mixed peel, cherries, and dark raisins. Mix well. Stir in the brandy to coat the fruit. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Let stand at room temperature at least 1 day(up to 2 days) to macerate the fruit, stirring occasionally..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C), with the oven rack in the center of the oven. Butter, or spray with a nonstick vegetable spray, a 9 x 5 x 3 inch (23 x 13 x 8 cm) loaf pan..
- In a separate bowl, whisk dried ingredients together the flour, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest..
- In a large bowl of stand mixer and using the paddle attachment, beat the butter until creamy. Gradually add the sugar and beat until mixture is light and creamy. Beat in the egg one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping the sides of the bowl with a spatula to ensure ingredients are all incorporated. Beat 1 additional minute..
- Beat in the extracts. Add the candied and dried fruits, along with any juices, and beat until incorporated. Beat in half the flour mixture just until incorporated. Add almond flour, then beat in the milk and then the remaining flour mixture. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and, if desired, decorate the top of the cake with flaked almonds..
- Bake for about 60 - 70 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cover with a piece of aluminum foil if you find the cake is browning too much! Remove the cake from the oven. Let it cool down in the baking tin. Cut into slices and serve..
So that's going to wrap it up for this exceptional food light fruit cake recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I'm confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Light Fruit Cake Recipe Video: