Beef and onion stew this is the popular recipe ever, So simple to make and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and Finally I learned to make this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and yummy!
Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I'm gonna show you how to make a special dish, beef and onion stew. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Beef and onion stew is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It's simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Beef and onion stew is something that I have loved my whole life. They're nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have beef and onion stew using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Beef and onion stew:
- Make ready 750 g of chuck blade, trimmed and cut into 2 in cubes.
- Take 2 tbsp of butter.
- Make ready 4 of large onions, sliced.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of brandy.
- Make ready 2 cups of beef stock.
- Take 3 of waxy white potatoes, cut into 1 in cubes.
- Make ready 1/2 lb of button mushrooms, sliced about 1/4 in thick.
- Get 10 sprigs of thyme, tied together with kitchen string.
- Make ready 1 of carrot, peeled and sliced about 1/4 in thick.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
Instructions to make Beef and onion stew:
- Add a splash of veg oil to a large pot on high heat. Season the meat with salt and pepper and add it to the pot. Fry the beef until it's evenly browned..
- Add enough cold water to the pot to cover the meat. Put on the lid and reduce the heat to medium-low. Let simmer for 2 hours until the beef is tender. Add additional water as needed during cooking to keep the beef submerged..
- Carefully transfer the meat and cooking liquid into a large bowl. Add the butter to the pot and put it back on the stove on high heat. Add the onions and fry them until they're a deep, dark brown. Watch that they don't burn and scorch the bottom of the pot. Add the brandy to the pot and deglaze 2 minutes or so until most of the brandy has cooked off..
- Skim the oil from the top of the beef cooking liquid, then pour the liquid into the pot of caramelized onions. Add the stock, potatoes, mushrooms and thyme. Cover and turn the heat down to medium. Simmer 15 minutes or until the potatoes are about halfway cooked. Add the carrots. Simmer another 15 minutes until the potatoes are cooked and the carrots are tender but not mushy..
- Fish the thyme from the pot. Make a slurry with the cornstarch and 1/4 cup water. Whisk it into the stew. Let simmer 5 minutes uncovered then serve with a big loaf of bread..
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food beef and onion stew recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don't forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Beef and onion stew Recipe Video: