Mahogany Velvet Cake this is the popular recipe ever, So easy to prepare and maybe this recipe is the ingredient you will ever need. Everyone needs a good recipe and Finally I learned to make this recipe, and I will share the secret recipe here with easy, flexible, and very delicious!
Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, mahogany velvet cake. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Mahogany Velvet Cake is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It's simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It's appreciated by millions daily. Mahogany Velvet Cake is something that I have loved my whole life. They're fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook mahogany velvet cake using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Mahogany Velvet Cake:
- Prepare of For the Mahogany espresso cake.
- Take 150 g of plain flour.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 10 g of cocoa powder.
- Make ready 150 g of caster sugar.
- Take 2 of medium eggs.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Get 2 tbsp of fresh espresso coffee.
- Take 150 ml of buttermilk.
- Take 1 tsp of bicarbonate of Soda.
- Take 16 ml of lemon juice.
- Take 10 g of red food colour paste.
- Make ready of For the espresso cream cheese frosting.
- Make ready 350 g of icing sugar.
- Make ready 85 g of melted butter.
- Make ready 200 g of full fat cream cheese.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of fresh espresso coffee.
Instructions to make Mahogany Velvet Cake:
- Grease and line two 7 inch cake tins. Preheat your oven to 150 C fan..
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder together 3 times. Put the sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt into a large mixing bowl and beat until thick, creamy and paler on colour. Whilst still beating, pour in the oil and mix until fully incorporated..
- Mix together the buttermilk, bicarb and lemon juice in a bowl and add to the egg mix. Then add the flour mix and fold together gently until fully combined. Add the espresso and red food colouring and mix gently until the batter is a deep red with no streaks..
- Divide the batter equally between the two tins and bake in the centre of the oven for around 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Keep and eye on them so they don’t over bake, but don’t open the door to check until the cakes as been in for at least 25 minutes or they may sink. Leave the cake to cool completely in the tin on a wire rack..
- Remove the cakes from the tin and cut each layer in half, so that you have four cake layers. Have a serving plate ready..
- To make the frosting: put the cream cheese and icing sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat together until smooth. Add the butter and espresso and beat for at least 4 minutes until smooth and glossy. Taste for strength..
- To assemble: Place the first layer of the cake on your serving plate and spread a few tablespoons of icing on top using a palette knife. Top this with another layer and keep repeating icing and cake until all layers are assembled. Spread the remaining icing on the top and sides of the cake and smooth out as you go. Let it set for around an hour before serving. Decorate however you wish!.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food mahogany velvet cake recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I'm confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don't forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Mahogany Velvet Cake Recipe Video: